Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Adelaide - Glenelg

We took a tram to the beach town of Glenelg just west of the city on a pleasant sunny day. The tram dropped us off at the town square right at the edge of the beautiful beach. Deborah collected many shells including ones which we think are either some sort of razor clam or a really huge mussel. Or maybe a frisbee. The water was surprisingly warm and perhaps a little too tempting as I managed to wash away much of the sunscreen from my feet, resulting in a mild sunburn. Fortunately I’ve developed enough of a base on my previously pasty white tootsies to offer a modicum of protection. I nevertheless have the most ridiculous tan line on my feet where my sandal straps wrap around.

We satisfied my recurrent need for pizza at a restaurant on the main square and walked up and down the main street to purchase ice cream (for Deborah), fudge (for Blake), detergent (for laundry), and fish hooks (for an art project). Not your usual beachside souvenirs but we had a good time. We may make a return trip here, time permitting.



Glenelg, at the main square, looking out to sea.


long walk on a short pier anyone?


beautiful sand



They look like cormorants, but with white markings, not the type we're used to.



Me, failing to resist Deborah's pleas to take my picture.




Me, wearing my seagull suit.



Deborah likes these group shots too.